Sunday, December 27, 2009





2009,[Pick the date]
   TO SERVE, WITH LOVE








ON A MISSION Dr. Rajith Kumar is a one-man army against societal problems









PEOPLE Dr.Rajith Kumar offers free tutions,books,uniforms and counselling to students from economically weak backgrounds.





When entrance coaching centres have become dime adozen a lucrative business, Rajith kumar teaches aspiring students absolutely free of cost.
                                                  A Botany lecturer at the Sree Sankara College, Kalady, Rajith Kumar has the envious record of having conducted free counselling sessions in 56 schools in Thiruvanathapuram district in the last six years. Over 25,000 students and 10,000 families have listened to him so far; he has over 200 students preparing for the MBBS and BDS entrance examinations free of cost and runs a charitable institution in his home town, Attingal,that offers free tutions,books, uniforms and other services for stdents.
                                                  Rajith Kumar’s work is primarily directed towards financially backword, socially ignored children. And he has a reason for this.
                                                  “My  mother lost her husband before I was born. And all her angst was directed towards me. But she was also madly pssessive about me. A last grade employee in the Health department, she wanted her son to study. And study I did, almost with a vengeance,” recalls Dr.Rajith Kumar.




ENVIABLE ACADEMIC RECORD.
He possesses a degree in Botany from Mar Ivanios, where he has adjudged best  student, first rank for his masters  from NSS College, Pandalam, Mphil, Doctorate in Microbiology, B.Ed, Degree in Library Science, M.S in Psychotherapy and counselling and a lot more soft skills.
                                                  “ I had just two trousers when I did my Pre-degree. The turning point came when I joined Mar Ivanios. I was stunned by the world around, one of wealth. Here I was travelling 42 kilometres from Attingal with my books and the lunch packed by mother. I knew I had to be different to survive here. I studied like never before and was also part of every activity on the campus”.
                                                  Rajith Kumar had a lot to prove to the world. That was when he got the job of a lecturer at Sree Sankara College.
                “I joined in 1996 and was there till 2003. My mother refused to travel down with me and also insisted that I be with her. I was in terrible dilemma. That was when a Government order made it possible for me to go back to a higher secondary school. I quit an went back to the school I studied, Government Model Higher Secondary School, Attingal.

                                                  It was not a smooth ride for this school teacher with a Doctorate. “Things changed after the General Education Department, recognising my services, brought out an order, giving me permission to continue with my social service programmes during of duty hours.




RECOGNITION.
Rajith Kumar has now plunged into his activities like never before and society has slowly begun to recognise his worth.
                                                  The Chirayinkeezhu Panchayat and Thiruvananthapuram Literacy Mission have honoured him with the Samoohya Saksharatha Prathibha in September 2009, the Thiruvananthapuram District Panchayath has nominated him as a member of its working group, colleges, schools, institutions and local bodies have regularly organised his couselling classes. He has authored Botany text books, rank files for Plus One and Plus Two students. “But perhaps the most valuable award of all is when you see the students you coached getting through the entrance exams every year”.
                                                  Back to Sree Sankara College courtesy another Government Order, Rajith Kumar has now begun his social service activities there too. “I travel every weekened to Attingal. The principle of my College, Dr.M.K. Ramachandran, has encouraged me a lot. Devoloping Kochi has its societal probloms. I’m just trying to provide some relief in my  small way. A one-man army against such social probloms,” Rajith Kumar says with a laugh.
                                                                                                  By
                                                                                                  AZUHAR.M
                                                                                                 
                                                                                                  












YAMUNA AZUHAR
YAMUNA
ALUMMOODU
KANIYAPURAM P-O
TRIVANDRUM
PIN#695301
azuhar143001@gmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ഈ പേപ്പട്ടിയെ കൊണ്ട് പോയി ചങ്ങലക്കിടുക. എത്രയും വേഗം.

If he has a PhD in some subject, go work in that subject. Do not spew your vomit all over Kerala. heard that you asshole?

Anonymous said...

He is being worshipped as the icon of misogyny and all the women haters in Kerala are following him blindly. He failed miserably in his 12grade, is not married and doesn't have any children of his own. How can such a man be able to understand the minds of young children? Only a good house holder can become a good counsellor. Even Adi Sankara had to understand what was a married life before getting into the "Sarvanja Peedam". This man without ethics and culture is not eligible to talk about the greatness and diversity of our country and its great religions.

Anonymous said...

Sir. Am also a teacher. Your love towards human beings is awesome